April 16, 2008

there's a light at the end of the tunnel (hee hee)

Just an update about baby for you all . . .I saw the doctor last week and he told me I was 2 1/2 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I saw him again today and he told me no change. Boy, did that take the wind out of my sails!

Tim and I were thiiiiiis close (imagine my thumb and pointer finger almost touching) to going to the hospital last week when I thought this baby was really coming. This week, everything has stopped. No contractions, no twinges, nothin'! Heck, I'm even sleeping at night now....what?!? At least I have Monday the 21st to look forward to for my induction! I'd love to extend an invitation to all the girls to be in the room when the baby comes...what the heck-the guys are welcome too if you don't mind be ushered into the hall when I say!

Love you all! Wish us luck on coming up with a boys' name we can agree on!

2 comments:

Marshall said...

I can't believe that it's already time - it seemed to go by soooo fast (well... for ME, probably not you :)) I'm so excited for you guys! Here's for one last bit of pregnancy advice: You looked so beautiful pregnant (as did ALL of my sisters!) and I know this is so silly, but enjoy having a belly these last few days... I always seem to miss it the next few days after delivery- is that weird that you can grow attached to your stomach :)!

It truly is such an amazing experience to have a healthy happy baby, sometimes I take that for granted. Last night Marshall helped our friend Ryan give his wife, Leslie, a blessing because she is at the hospital right now having her baby. As he gave the blessing, it brought back so many emotions that I felt when I had each of my girls. It really is unlike anything else you could experience in life, and I am so grateful that I had that opportunity to share with my husband and family.

I'm especially happy for Ryan and Leslie today, because, if you know their story, this is a happy ending of this chapter in their life, and they are off to start a whole new adventure.

So, cherish it (I know you do!) and soak it up. Pretty soon they'll be runnin' around the house!

Take advantage of this weekend and put your boys to work cleaning and scrubbing those toilets and hard-to-reach places!

We are so excited for you guys... it makes me sad that I am not able to be there, but know that we love you and are praying that all goes well. I'm so anxious to hear what you have - so give us a call when you are able!

Whatever you do with the name thing, just know that RUSSEL is off limits! Just kidding, well... kind of... :)

The Mercer Family said...

LOL...Don't worry Amy, we all know it's your name! :)) Amy is right though! As I'm feeling this baby go crazy every day now, I can't help but feel anxious and a little sad for when it is over! Weird I know. Josh says I am always so dramatic about looking too far ahead in the future. I just think that it is sooo important to take EVERY single moment in and enjoy it.

I am enjoying this pregnancy much more than Holden's I think because the first time was such a whirlwind and so surreal. Now, every day I begin to realize more and more what will be coming to our family. I love feeling the kicks and now seeing Holden, imagining what he/she will be like and what personality it will have!

You are so close, but as Amy said, you are beautiful and how cute is a pregnant belly? I loved being pregnant and people looking at you in such a different light- as if you can do no wrong. hehe( especialy Josh! :) ) We're all so excited for another new little one! Yeah!