January 27, 2008

Here's a post from my blog. Enjoy!

First, I just have to say Google is amazing. I’ve been very happy with their email application for over two years now and it seems as though they really make internet use easy. You wouldn’t know it from my lengthy and frequent blog posts, but I really am quite a busy person. Whenever I get a chance, I spend a lot of time, going from blog to blog, trying to see what’s new in the worlds of my friends and family. Well, Google has come through for me again. I recently read a magazine article about Google Reader – a free application which allows you to go to one site which compiles all of the most recent additions to your favorite blogs and websites.

Let’s be honest, when one of our favorite blogs doesn’t post for a while, we stop going. It isn’t to be mean or anything. There just isn’t enough time to keep going. However, with Google Reader, all you have to do is add the site to your list and Google will let you know when there’s a new post. Not only will it let you know, but you can actually read the whole post on Google Reader and see any pictures they have as well. For me the benefit is not only the time I save, but also the simplicity. It’s amazing! (We’re actually naming out next born “Reader,” because it’s so wonderful!)


Click here to check it out!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok, I just had a friend tell me about Google reader...sounds fabulous. Question, I almost always final-edit my blog after publishing, sometimes a handful of times when I find typos and stuff. Does it alert Google reader each time I republish? That might get annoying for people!

How about Reader Russell Hendrickson?

Marshall said...

It only notifies you once. It's sort of like an email service. It just tells you how many "new messages" there are and it gives you the most current posting. I really like it.

We were actually thinking Reader Russell Milton Hendrickson-Loveridge. Think we need to worry about that one being taken?

Anonymous said...

I think you're good here at our house, but you'd better check with Jen.

P.S. For all my teasing, one of the CUTEST guys in high school was named Russ.

Kim said...

Reader Kimberly Hendrickson. Has a nice ring to it.