September 28, 2007

Easy as pie


Hey everyone!


Last night for Enrichment we had a pie recipe sharing and tasting. I have not been a pie lover before, but I have to admit, (and maybe this had something to do with the fact that I skipped dinner) they were some of the best pies I've ever had. I confess I was a bit disappointed to see so many fruit pies, but after a quick sampling, knew that heaven would have pies like this. Marie Calendar, eat your heart out!


Honestly, when Paula walked in with her apple pie, it looked like she got it straight from a Martha Stewart catalogue. GORGEOUS. I called Paula this morning to ask her recipe for her apple pie, a flavor that I have NEVER really liked, because for the first time in my life, I knew I could win over the "Dad's favorite child" spot from Marshall (just kidding) if I worked on the sweeter side of his stomach, and not through buffets.


Her recipe was so darn simple, that you're all invited over on Sunday for a sampling...at Mom's house of course....and if you're lucky, I'll bring the fresh peach pie I got to try as well. UNBAKED PEACHES....tasted like I was eating them straight from the orchard. I can't wait to share. This is a new horizon for me...pie baking, that is, so I'll be going by the nickname "Betty" for a while. "Martha" will be fine as well. --Kim

4 comments:

Christina said...

What? kim cooks?!?! i remember you telling me back in the orem/provo days..im awesome at making jello!! you always had jello in you fridge! good times!!

jon makes a good apple pie-he doesnt follow a recipe...how does he do that?!?!? but it always comes out tasty!

Marshall said...

I made my very first pies last fall (banana cream and chocolate mousse) and I was more than thrilled that they actually turned out! I didn't think I could be so darn domestic! Maybe since I'll have to take a pass at Sunday night, you could send the recipes my way! I'm always looking for something new!

Kim said...

The women who I chatted with don't use recipes either, but gave me such simple instructions! I'm excited. Marshall (or amy, whoever posted), I'll be looking forward to those pie-making skills come Christmas....

Anonymous said...

The fresh peach sounds to-die-for....

I am a pie lover. I can live without candy & soda and stuff forever, but I'm a sucker for pastries!